Mahatma Gandhi led India’s freedom movement till his last breath and gave this world the Mantra of Peace and Love. India’s Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi was a true legend of its time and his words will continue to inspire the world forever.
A whole nation calls him ‘BAPU’ with love and affection, but his thoughts and faith in peace are beyond the boundaries. Mahatma Gandhi’s non-violence approach to opposing inspired the whole world to fight with peace against untruth, injustice and atrocity.
Mahatma Gandhi was a good speaker and thinker. His words will continue to inspire the world to bring changes and to protest peacefully.
In this post, we are sharing some Mahatma Gandhi Quotes so you can inspire to bring some positive change in your and other’s life.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes (1-15)
- A man is a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.
- Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment.
- It’s easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone.
- I remain an optimist because of my unflinching faith that right must prosper in the end.
- The future depends on what we do in the present.
- It does not require money, to live neat, clean and dignified.
- Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance and appreciation.
- Strength does not come from winning. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
- Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.
- Do not judge others. Be your own judge and you will be truly happy. If you will try to judge others, you are likely to burn your fingers.
- What is Truth? A difficult question; but I have solved it for myself by saying that it is what the “voice within” tells you.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes (16-30)
- If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
- Gentleness, self-sacrifice and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.
- A ‘No’ uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.
- To lose patience is to lose the battle.
- Truth without humility would be an arrogant caricature.
- I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles, but today it means getting along with people.
- You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
- If we want to reach real peace in this world, we should start educating children.
- You yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
- Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living
- Love never claims, it ever gives.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- Knowledge gained through experience is far superior and many times more useful than bookish knowledge.
- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
- The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes (31-45)
- A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
- The enemy is fear. We think it is hate but it is fear.
- It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there’ll be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from indomitable will.
- To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.
- The real love is to love them that hate you, to love your neighbour even though you distrust him.
- When you are right, you have no need to be angry. When you are wrong, you have no right to be angry.
- Nothing has saddened me so much in life as the hardness of heart of educated people.
- A small group of determined and like-minded people can change the course of history.
- Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.
- If we want to reach real peace in this world, we should start educating children.
- Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.
- Everyone who wills can hear the inner voice. It is within everyone.
- Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes (46-60)
- I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings.
- There is goodness as well as greatness in simplicity, not in wealth.
- To forgive is not to forget. The merit lies in loving in spite of the vivid knowledge that one that must be loved is not a friend. There is not merit in loving an enemy when you forget him for a friend.
- Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.
- Peace is the most powerful weapon of mankind.
- There are many causes I would die for. There is not a single cause I would kill for.
- I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed.
- Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and the universe is endlessly bountiful. Just put forth a clear enough request, and everything your heart desires must come to you.
- Fearlessness is the first requisite of spirituality. Cowards can never be moral.
- If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.
- Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them – a desire, a dream, a vision.
- My uniform experience has convinced me that there is no other God than Truth.
- The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members.
- There is no ‘way to peace’, there is only ‘peace’.
- Fear has its use but cowardice has none.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes (61-75)
- Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind.
- Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.
- What is true of the individual will be tomorrow true of the whole nation if individuals will but refuse to lose heart and hope.
- If by strength is meant moral power, then woman is immeasurably man’s superior.
- It is better to be violent if there is violence in our hearts than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
- Before the throne of the Almighty, man will be judged not by his acts but by his intentions. For God alone reads our hearts.
- There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
- If I had no sense of humour, I would long ago have committed suicide.
- If you take care of your immediate surroundings, the universe will take care of itself.
- Capital as such is not evil; it is its wrong use that is evil. Capital in some form or other will always be needed.
- If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.
- Morality which depends upon the helplessness of a man or woman has not much to recommend it. Morality is rooted in the purity of our hearts.
- Whether humanity will consciously follow the law of love, I do not know. But that need not disturb me. The law will work just as the law of gravitation works, whether we accept it or not.
- Forgiveness is choosing to love. It is the first skill of self-giving love.
- Man can never be a woman’s equal in the spirit of selfless service with which nature has endowed her.
- Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
Share these wise words from Mahatma Gandhi and enlighten your inner soul with peace and harmony.