The Life-long saga of Blood, Dragons and Sex is coming to an end this April. The final and 8th season of ‘Game of Thrones‘ will be premiered in just three days (1st Episode: 14 April 2019) and every GOT fan is waiting eagerly for the moment.
With a fantastic storyline, out of the box characters and unbeaten acting Game of Thrones earned millions of die-hard fans. There are countless theories and conversations are available in pop culture regarding the show.
GOT fans have strong trivia about every single information about the show and they always starve to know more. While everybody is waiting for the first episode of GOT’s last season, here are some amazing facts about Game of Thrones that you may not know.
Amazing Facts About Game of Thrones (1-10)
1. PETER DINKLAGE who plays the TYRION LANNISTER, refused for this role in starting due to Fantasy genre of the show. Later when he studied the role deeper then he loved the character and signed for the show.
2. The first version of Game of Thrones directed by Tom McCarthy was never planned on air. As per HBO officials, the first pilot was not up to the mark so it was dropped and they reshot it.
3. As we all know the show has multiple scenes of nudity, so many real adult movie stars were cast for the show.
4. Tyrion Lannister is the character who appeared in the most number of GOT episodes. Tyrion Lannister is played by Peter Dinklage and he appeared in 61 out of 67 episodes.
5. Sophie Turner who plays the role of Sansa Stark adopted the dog which was seen in the First Season of the shown with her. Zunni, the dog played her pet Direwolf on the first season of the GOT. Zunni passed away in 2017.
6. Season 7 of the ‘Game of Thrones’ was filmed in Iceland, where sometimes temperature went down up to -28’C.
7. The first episode of Game of Thrones was premiered on 11 April 2011 and the Last episode will be on air on 19 May 2019. It has a 9.5/10 rating on IMDB.
8. A giant gummy candy was used as The horse’s heart that Daenerys had to eat in Season 1 of GOT.
9. According to Jack Gleeson, who plays the role of sadistic and cruel King Joffrey Baratheon his character was inspired by Joaquin Phoenix’s Commodus in “Gladiator”.
10. Former USA president Barack Obama is a great of the Game of Thrones. Once he asked to see the first episodes of season 6 before everyone else and GOT team fulfilled his demand.
Amazing Facts About Game of Thrones(11-20)
11. The role of Robb Stark’s wife is played by Oona Chaplin. She is the granddaughter of great Charlie Chaplin.
12. The language Dothraki used in Game of Thrones can be learnt in real life. David J. Peterson crafted a course to learn the language.
13. Another language HIGH VALRYIAN also can be learnt. Duolingo app offers a course to learn High Valyrian.
14. After the great success of the show, people started naming their children and pets based on GoT characters.
15. The character of Jon Snow played by Harington was first likely to play by Iwan Rheon. Later Iwan played Roose Bolton’s sadistic bastard son, Ramsay.
16. According to TorrentFreak, During 2012 to 2017 Game of Thrones was the highest pirated show on the chart.
17. Till the last season, there are more than 150965 deaths occurred in GOT.
18. The production cost of GOT’s last season is likely to cross $100 million.
19. More than half of the major characters have already died. There are chances that some of the other characters will also die in the first episode of the final season.
20. Emilia Clarke was very nervous in starting of the GOT due to Nudity scenes of the show.
We hope that by reading the above facts your excitement level for the upcoming season will be on the sky, our is also. Let tell us in the comment about other facts and theories related to the show.
You May Also Like: